Rolestown National School
30th May 2019
Summer term is well underway and has been very busy to date. Congratulation to all the children who made their First Communion and Confirmation. Thank you to all the pupils in the choir who enhanced both occasions and to the parents who put on such a lovely reception in the hall after the Communion.
A huge thank you to the Parents Association for the fantastic Plant Sale and Garden Féte last weekend and to all families who sponsored a tree. The pots which your child/children planted are now blooming and available for €5.
- School tours begin this week – be guided by the weather forecast.
- NO POCKET MONEY
- NO MOBILE PHONES, SMARTWATCHES OR ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICE
- The Official School Day is 8:50am – 1:30pm for Junior/Senior Infants. 8:50am – 2:30pm for 1st – 6th Class Supervision is provided from 8:40am.
The Board of Management is not responsible for the safety of pupils or parents on School ground outside of these times.
- The Playground on the Senior Yard is NOT AVAILLABLE to Junior & Senior infants after 1:30p.m. for the health and safety of ALL pupils.
- No dogs on school grounds at any time.
- If your child/children need to be collected during the school day, please send in a note in advance, check in with Vera in the office and sign the Sign In/Out book.
Avoid collecting children between 10:30 – 10:45 and 12:30 – 1pm. For the health and safety of all using the yard.
- If you wish to speak to your child’s teacher please make an appointment in advance by ringing Vera in the office on 8404130.
- It is vital that all parents are aware of how your child/children are using the internet, social media and gaming sites. Monitor usage and check in regularly. Active parental guidance can go a long way to reducing the hurt caused by thoughtless offensive behaviour.
- Please send in a Stamped Addressed Envelope for EACH child’s report and booklist by Friday 7th
The Board of Management would like to thank everyone who has paid their 2018-2019 school contribution it helps fund our reading and music programmes, maintain our building and replace items not longer fit for purpose, e.g. fire extinguishers, laptops, heating boilers etc. We hope to begin repainting the school internally this summer. If you have not had an opportunity to do so yet, you may drop it into Vera in the office at any time.
Please view our website rolestownns.ie to see photos and accounts of recent events.
As always on the behalf of all the staff I’d like to thank you for all your co-operation and support during the year.