A big thank you to the Parents Association from Mr Lynch’s 5th class who enjoyed every crumb of their pizza party today which they won for raising the most money in our Marathon Fundraiser.
We are now taking enrolments for September 2020. The closing date will be on the 31st of January 2020. Forms can be downloaded from the school website or collected from the office.
Our Christmas book fair will take place Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd of December. The books will be in the school on Thursday so the children will have a chance to see them first. The books will then be on sale monday and tuesday for each class, and parents are free to come in to view or buy between 1:30 and 2:45.
A great opportunity to give a gift of reading this christmas, and any money raised will be invested in new books for our school library.
Thank you for the fantastic response so far. A few people were asking if they could come along and watch their child running so we have posted a timetable of when each class will aproximately be running.
If there any any sponsorship cards that haven’t been returned yet, they will still be accepted and entered in the draw tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be a little nicer in the morning.
Pupils of Rolestown NS will run the distance of a Marathon, 42,195 metres, in a relay format, this Friday.
EVENT STARTS AT 10AM at the School.
Please return sponsorship forms before Friday to be entered into a draw for great prizes including family entry for the Wild lights event in Dublin Zoo.
Any child who raises over €45 will also go into a separate draw for many prizes including annual family pass for Dublin zoo. Smyths vouchers and much more. Spot prizes on the day too, AND a special prize for the class that raises the most!
ROLESTOWN NATION SCHOOL
We are all well settled into the new school year and our pupils are engaged in a variety of activities including Violin, Choir, Athletics, Basketball, Hurling and Football.
DATE FOR YOUR DIARY.
Friday October 25th – SCHOOL CLOSED.
The staff have been requested to attend a Whole School ‘Primary Language Development Day’ facilitated by PDST/NCSE.
• The official school day is from 8:50 am to 1:30 am for (Junior & Senior Infants. 8:50 to 2:30 (1st to 6th class)
• The Board of Management is not responsible for the safety of pupils or parents on school grounds outside of these times. Supervision is provided from 8:40 am. every morning.
• For the health and safety of ALL pupils the school yard and playground is NOT available to Junior and Senior infants after 1:30pm.
• In line with our Child Protection Policy if your child needs to be collected early or arrives late you must enter via the front door. Check in with Vera in the office sign-in in our visitors book and wait for your child at Reception.
• If you wish to speak to your child’s teacher please make an appointment in advance by contacting Vera in the office on 01-8404130.
• By law children absent for 20 days or more must be reported to the National Education Welfare Officer (TUSLA) therefore all absences must be accompanied by a written note on return.
• We are a NUT FREE school as we have some children with severe allergies.
For the safety of all our children and road users please observe the following:
Bays on school road are for DROP OFF only – NO PARKING
Proceed to the roundabout to turn.
No parking on roadway opposite school or gateways.
Parking is available in the temporary car-park on cemetery road.
SLOW DOW Expect the unexpected, be vigilant.
Thank you for your co-operation and support.