School ReopensFebruary 27th, 2016The school will reopen after midterm on Monday 27th February
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Rolestown’s Got Talent 2017
- Peace Proms 2017
- Green Schools News
- Coach G – inducted into Hall of Fame
- Peace Proms 4th February
- Newsletter January 2017
- GYMNASTICS FUN. Every child in the school participated in classes with North County Gymnastics Club and it was a big hit!
- Enrolment for 2017/18
- Mr. O’Flaherty’s Mummers entertain us all!
- Roletown gets into the spirit of Christmas! Well done to all involved!
- School Orchestra plays at T2 to the delight of passengers..
- S.V.P. Appeal. The children are collecting toiletries for local families in the run up to Christmas. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, baby wipes, nappies…..Boxes are at the school entry. Let’s support our neighbours in need.
- Bingo Bonanza Night
- Electricity in Kilsallaghan
Mid-term 2: Monday 20th February- Friday 24th February 2017 (inclusive)
St. Patrick’s Day: 16th and 17th March 2017
Easter Holidays: Monday 10th April- Friday 21st April 2017 (inclusive)
May Bank Holiday: Monday 1st May 2017
June Bank Holiday: Friday 2nd and Monday 5th June 2017
Summer Holidays: Thursday 29th June 2017
S.V.P. Appeal. The children are collecting toiletries for local families in the run up to Christmas. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, baby wipes, nappies…..Boxes are at the school entry. Let’s support our neighbours in need.
In 5th Class, we did a project on the Electrification of Rural Ireland. We found out all about how electricity changed life in the rural ireland 70 years ago. We also found out that the 1st ever electricity pole in Ireland was put up in Kilsallaghan in 1946 and the first ever ESB customer was in Oldtown.
ROLESTOWN NATIONAL SCHOOL
27th October 2016.
Midterm is upon us already and we are delighted with how well our pupils are engaging with all aspects of school life.
There has been a great response to the healthy lunchboxes but there is still room for improvement, Darren Daly and Éoin O’Gara spoke to the pupils about the importance of a healthy diet and lifestyle, when they brought the Sam Maguire cup out to visit us in early October.
Well done to the Boys Senior team who represented the school very well in the Cumann na mBunscoil League reaching the semi-final and a huge thank you to all the parents who provided lifts, jersey washing and support for the games.
Our equestrian team have got off to a great start recording a team 5th and 3rd in their two outings to date. We wish them the best of luck in the league and again thank you to all the parents who have provided lifts and support.
The Taulov Pigekor Choir from Denmark visited us on Tuesday 19th October and we all thoroughly enjoyed their performance especially when they invited us all to join in at the end.
Our school choir is currently in rehearsal for the “Peace Proms” event in the RDS which we have been invited to participate in, in February.
“Rolestown’s got Talent” is up and running and the children are working hard on their acts, the event will take place in the New Year.
Tina’s Art Roadshow visited the school and all the children from 1st – 6th participated in their workshop.
The E.S.B. sent a representative out to visit 5th class who have just completed a great project on electricity.
A huge thank you to Gillian, Susan and Denise who facilitated the taking of photographs for the school calendar which will be out shortly.
Thanks to Eddie and Ronan who have overseen lots of harvesting in the school garden and bulbs continue to be planted for springtime.
Check out our website http://www.rolestownns.ie for news photos etc. of school life.
When we return to school after the mid-term it is more important than ever to observe our safe set-down and parking guidelines.
- The set down area is for set-down only and please proceed to the roundabout to turn and ensure a steady, safe flow of traffic. School road is for set-down ONLY.
- There is no parking opposite the school at any time for the safety of all our children, parking is available on the cemetery road.
Please respect our disabled parking spaces; they are for permit holders only.
- The official school day is from 8:50am to 2:30pm and in the case of Junior and Senior infants until 1:30pm. The Board of Management is not responsible for the safety of pupils or parents on school grounds outside of these hours.
A huge thank you to the Parents Association who have been working hard since we came back in September to support the school, every way they can.
Thank you to all who have paid their Annual Contribution, as you know we rely on your generosity to fund our Accelerated Reading Programme, Music Programme and indeed day-to-day costs of running a large modern building. Direct Debit mandate forms are available from Vera’s office for anyone who would prefer to pay in instalments. The Board strives to provide the very best for your children but costs are always challenging.
I’d like to take this opportunity to invite all parents past and present to an event in Kettle’s hotel to mark the retirement of Tom Kelleher on Friday November 18th at 8p.m.
Finally on behalf of the Board of Management and all the staff I wish you a safe Hallowe’en and an enjoyable mid-term.
Ann Ryan, (Principal)
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Parent/Teacher meetings take place on Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th Class teachers will issue your date and time after the 11th of November.
- Junior Infants are going to a Christmas show in the Venue Theatre on Wednesday December 21st.
- Senior Infants and 1st class are going to the Helix Theatre on Thursday December 15th.
- 2nd & 3rd class are going to the Helix Theatre on Tuesday December 13th.
- 4TH & 5TH class are going to the National Concert Hall on Monday December 12th.
Class teachers will issue more details nearer the time.
Halloween 2016. The children can dress up on Friday (28th). We are encouraging home made costumes with lots of creativity. Bought costumes are fine too. Looking forward to seeing some crazy get ups!
A massive congratulations to our fantastic showjumping team who came 3rd in this weeks inter-schools competition. And well done to all our individual riders.