Christmas HolidaysSchool closedDecember 22nd, 2016Times and days will be sent out soon
- Enrolment for 2017/18
- Mr. O’Flaherty’s Mummers entertain us all!
- Roletown gets into the spirit of Christmas! Well done to all involved!
- School Orchestra plays at T2 to the delight of passengers..
- S.V.P. Appeal. The children are collecting toiletries for local families in the run up to Christmas. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, baby wipes, nappies…..Boxes are at the school entry. Let’s support our neighbours in need.
- Bingo Bonanza Night
- Electricity in Kilsallaghan
- Mid-Term Newsletter
- Rolestown kids get creative at Hallowe’en…
- 1st class having fun on a nature walk.
- Halloween 2016. The children can dress up on Friday (28th). We are encouraging home made costumes with lots of creativity. Bought costumes are fine too. Looking forward to seeing some crazy get ups!
- Parent’s Association AGM is on this evening at 8.30pm. It is important that many parents attend.
- Showjumping Success
- What a fantastic choir all the way from Denmark. The whole school joined in!
- Thanks to Tina mation for a fun and informative workshop!
- Junior and Senior Infants working hard!
- Rolestown Showjumping
- Messrs Maguire (Sam), Daly (Darren) and O’Gara(Eoin) visit Rolestown
- Parents Association AGM
- Orchestra Music
- Up the Dubs! COYBIB
- Parents Association
- School Note 7th September
- News2Day from RTE Junior give us a visit for some advice….
- Rolestown Horticultural Show
- Rolestown says thanks to Tom Kelleher
- Summer fun on Sports Day
- High Jump in Rolestown
- Horticultural Show- Monday 27th June
20th December- Carol Service (11:00am)
22nd December- Closed for Christmas
9th January- School re-opens
A massive congratulations to our fantastic showjumping team who came 3rd in this weeks inter-schools competition. And well done to all our individual riders.
Well done to our equestrian riders who competed last Sunday. This year we have some new riders and they are showing some real talent. One of our individual riders was place 3rd and our team was placed 5th. A fantastic result. Well done to all riders and their trusted steeds.
Rolestown National School
NOTIFICATION OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Monday 24th October, 2016
You are cordially invited to attend Rolestown National School Parents Association AGM which will take place on Monday 24th October, 2016 at 8.30 pm in the School. We anticipate that the AGM should last approximately 1.5 hours.
Pat McDonagh from the School’s Board of Management along with the new principal Ann Ryan will be giving a short presentation on the changes facing our children’s education going forward. The school treasurer Brid McMahon will also give an overview on the school finances for 2015/16. It is important and encouraged that one member from each family be represented at the meeting.
The main aim of our Parents Association is to build an effective partnership between our children’s school and home life. It is really important that each class has representation on the Committee. If you would like to be nominated but are unable to attend the AGM please complete the attached form and return it to the Parents Association box on or before Friday 21st October, located in the foyer of the school.
The Parents Association have two parent representatives that sit on the Board of Management of the School with one of these positions requiring to be filled. This election will take place at the AGM and parents interested in putting their names forward should contact Sinead Lee on 086 7908611 in advance of the AGM. Please note nominees must be a member of the Parents Association Committee for 2016/2017 and must also be present at the AGM.
The following agenda items will be addressed:
- Minutes of last meeting
- Matters arising
- Chairpersons report
- Treasurers report
- Election of new members onto the Committee
- Election of Board of Management representative
- Any other business
- BOM/School presentation given by Pat McDonagh, School Principal Ms Ann Ryan and school treasurer Brid McMahon
If you would like an item added to the agenda please put this in writing (no later than Friday, 21st October) and place in the Parents Association Box.
Your involvement and feedback help to shape the school environment for your children. We look forward to welcoming you on the night.
Hilary O Donnell
Nominee ………………………………………………….. Nominee ……………………………………………
For position of: PA Committee Member For position of: Board of Management member
Rolestown Parents Association
Welcome back to everyone & to all our new parents “welcome aboard”! We have lots of fun things planned for this year so here are some key dates for the diaries for the next couple of months:
We like to start off the year by getting everyone together for something sweet & a cuppa. So this Friday Sept 16th will be our cake sale/coffee morning. All parents are welcome to join us any time from 1pm onwards. The kids (1st – 6th class only) will come in with their teachers during the morning so if you like they can bring some money into school with them to buy a treat! If you would like to donate something to be sold on the day please drop it into the school gym before 9.30am on Friday morning. Please come along for a cuppa, a slice of something sweet & a chat with other Mums & Dads.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
September is Cash for Clobber Month
Now that you’ve packed the little ones off to school it’s time to tackle those overflowing wardrobes. Drop off any unwanted clothes, shoes, textiles etc to the school gym between Mon Sept 19th – Fri Sept 30th.
The Recycle company will be collecting everything on the afternoon of Fri Sept 30th, so don’t miss out!
Zumba for Rolestown NS
If you are looking for a fun way to keep fit & support your kid’s school join us for Zumba with Gill in Kettles Country House Hotel on Tue Oct 4th @ 8pm. I promise you, you will have fun and burn calories but I can’t promise you won’t be bitten by the Zumba bug!!! It’s a one off class @ €8 pp & all money goes to Rolestown National school. Thanks to Gill for giving us her time for free!
Rolestown NS AGM
This year’s school AGM will take place on Wed Oct 5th in the school assembly area @ 8.30pm. We encourage at least one representative from each family to attend this meeting. Your support at this event would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who supported our events last year! We look forward to seeing you all again this year. Watch out for our next newsletter with more key dates & fun activities. If you would like to contact the parents association please drop us a note into the PA box located in the school porch. And if you are interested in joining the parents association please come along to our AGM & sign up, all helpers greatly appreciated!
Rolestown NS PA